Thursday, 26 May 2022
Day 2! My morning has a routine now… Shower, Starbucks, and social media. Then, check the Whova app for updates and my class schedule, and head to class across the street. No rental cars, no Uber, just walk… Love it!
A working breakfast Ready, set, go...
· Assembling Research Results with LaBrenda Garrett-Nelson, JD, LLM, CG, CGL, FASG
· Appreciating Conflicting Evidence: Analysis and Resolution Develops Broader Research with Rebecca Whitman Koford, CG, CGL
· Follow the Trail of Records and DNA from Ireland to Oregon (1810-1860) with Karen Stanbary, MA, LCSW, CG
· BCG LUNCHEON -- Exploring Family History Around the Globe with David Ouimette, CG, CGL
· Finding Sophia’s Family: A Case of Fratricide and Forgotten Identity with Nancy A. Peters, CG, CGL
· Margaret’s Mother: Using DNA to Solve a Mystery with Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL
Why do I always choose the most challenging lectures? Well, you either sink or swim, right? I tend to just tread water, though. I am just thankful for the syllabus to re-read when I get home. Today was the first time to hear Judy Russell in-person since Raleigh in 2017, 5 years ago! She did not disappoint! Yes, I like all the speakers, but Judy takes the cake.
As you can see, in my blog posts I do not critique the lectures or even recap them. Why? Education is personal for me. Did I get as much out of the session than my friend sitting right next to me? Maybe, maybe more, or maybe less. It’s personal. If you want to know “the secrets”, book your next flight to NGS in Richmond.
Got Photos? I do…
Let the day begin! I spy my friend, Ron Arons keeping his lead in check Speaker Rebecca Koford
|Rebecca Koford's advice|
|Karen Stanbary's title screen|
|The BCG luncheon I attended|
|David Ouimette speaking during the BCG luncheon|
|Nancy Peters' title screen|
|Judy Russell's title screen|
|My 5th. cousin, Nathan White|
|My friend Deborah Sweeney|
|My friend Ari Wilkins|
|My friend Daniel Horowitz|
|My new friend Angela Breidenbach|
In the conference hall...
|The SLIG booth with Kristy Sexton and Liz Miller|
|New President & CEO Angela Breidenbach|
|A meeting of the minds|
|Daniel Horowitz and MyHeritage|
|The ICAPGen booth with Connie Knox gathering info|
|I love room service and quiet!|
Day 3 next...
You and I had the same idea, though I ate that Starbucks meal for lunch!ReplyDelete