Friday, 27 May 2022
Day 3! Friday seems to be the highlight of every NGS conference. With the anticipation of the big banquet and awards given out later in the evening, the fact that we’re all adjusted to class times, and the layout of the conference center, everyone seems to be more in-tune and cheerful. At the banquet, I chose a far-off corner with no one there yet, and then, one by one, my friends started showing up!
· Narrative Genealogies, Lineages, Pedigrees with LaBrenda Garrett-Nelson, JD, LLM, CG, CGL, FASG
· Write it Now, Get it Right Later: Start-to-Finish Tips for Genealogy Writing with J. H. "Jay" Fonkert, CG
· What’s in a Name: Name Changes and the Law with Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL
· PALATINES TO AMERICA LUNCHEON -- Bullion Bend: Confederate Stagecoach Robbers in California—Oh My! with William E. "Bill" Cole
· Historical Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Mapping Tools for Genealogical Research with Rick Sayre, CG, CGL, FUGA
· From South to West: The Southern Diaspora in The United States with Cheri Hudson Passey
· NGS Banquet and Reception with Andre Kearns on Revealing Our Full American Mosaic with Andre Kearns
Got Photos? I do…
|Rick Sayer's class|
|A documentary showing at the conference|
|Cheri Hudson Passey's class|
|My good friend Cheri Hudson Passey|
|Katherine Willson, Cheri Passy, & moi|
|With good friend Kathleen Kaldis|
Around the exhibition hall...
|My friend Jim Beidler manning the PA desk|
|From Janet Hovorka's company, Family Chart Masters|
Last day next...